Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Panther F ala Adam Wilder

I've had the Hasegawa Panther F 1/72 in the stash for quite a while. After looking at Adam Wilder's 1/35 example in his how to book on armour modelling, I decided to build one to look kind of like it. Sort of. 

The kit

The Inspiration



The Build
First of all, what a shit kit compared to Dragon's Panther G. Dimensionally it looks wrong and the plastic just isn't as detailed as an equivalent effort from Dragon. And no PE grills. I wish Dragon did an Ausf F as that would have been a far better base kit to use for what I had in mind. 

Still, it was a relatively easy build. I opened up the wireless operator's hatch on the right hand side. It's quite a bodge job and will definitely need a figure in there to cover the edges. I scratch built the hatch. 

I also scratch built the schurzen, spareand a few other bits. I relocated tools and other bits including the tube on the side for storing the barrel cleaning rods. 

Tracks and headlight (lost) were from a Revell Panther G kit. 



Undercoat and preshading
Schurzen was removed for painting. Everything was undercoated with Vallejo Grey Surface Primer. It's generally good stuff but really hard to see what you have painted on grey plastic. 




Had a look at a Black & White technique book and decided I'd have crack at that so added additional preshading and painted details white. 


To be continued. 

No comments:

Post a Comment